Thursday, June 9, 2011

Project Christmas _ Teachers Gift

I have gradually been making 2 of these Journal covers as teachers gifts for Christmas. I have made these using a Jelly Roll I purchased from Spotlight for $5.00 which makes them part of a perfect present on a budget. I have echo quilted the seams which I think looks really nice. Sewing 5 complete strips together gives a panel which makes 2 Journal covers and an extra piece which I used as the inside strips to hold the book in for 1 cover. I was fortunate enough to find some fat quarters of this range also which I used for lining. I just hope they will like them but for now it is into the CHristmas box (what a nice feeling). I think I might try a strippy glasses case or phone cover next - mmm.

Cheers


No comments:

Post a Comment