Saturday, April 30, 2011

Holiday Hexagons

Of course when one travels 5 hours to get to a pretty spot one feels the need to be busy (it helps me stay awake which is safer for my darling family). I started this little project 2 years ago on another trip and thought this would be an opportune moment to keep going. I think i have made about 60 hexagons over the Easter weekend all made using scraps from Little Miss B's smocked dresses. I am still not sure quite what to do with them. I have visions of maybe a baby quilt or a bigger quilt years in the future but for now I keep cutting up these fabric scraps and making them into Hexies and hexie flowers - maybe some lucky quilter will find them at an op shop in the future and do something grand with them who knows.

Any suggestions are welcome

Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment